Please pay particular attention to the highlighted sections below.
Before you start
It is your responsibility to:
- Check that all pattern numbers and batch numbers are the same.
- Check all rolls are free from damage and defects.
- Acclimatise the rolls for 48 hours before hanging.
We make every effort to ensure our products are perfect but variation in manufacturing and printing can sometimes occur.
Note: We cannot be held liable for consequential loss in respect of defects apparent prior to hanging. No claims in excess of one roll can be allowed for defects which are visible at the time of hanging. Also, we cannot be liable for costs incurred due to incorrect hanging technique.
If a fault is found, please stop the job and return any defective rolls with labels to the retailer where they were purchased.
Please retain all labels until decorating is complete. We will require them all if you have a complaint.
CAUTION: Please dispose of the Silica Gel pack inside the core safely. Keep away from babies, children and pets.
IMPORTANT: Acclimatise the roll at room temperature for 48 hours prior to hanging at a room temperature no less than 15ᵒC (59ᵒF). Application room temperature 15ᵒC - 40ᵒC (59ᵒF - 104ᵒF). Do not store below 15ᵒC (59ᵒF).
- Step ladder
- Tape measure
- Spirit level (or plumb line)
- Straight edge
- Retractable knife (with a sharp blade)
- Plastic smoothing blade - product code 944002
Ensure that are surfaces are free from dirt, dust, old wallpaper, loose paint, grease etc. as they will affect adhesion. We would always advise the best way to prepare is to vacuum the wall to remove dust and any lose material followed by an application of sugar soap to ensure no grease is present.
Surfaces should be flat, firm, smooth and a uniform pale colour.
Bare plaster walls should be primed, sealed and allowed to dry fully before hanging this product.
Do not hang this product on surfaces with a history of damp.
Do not hang this product on unpainted, bare plaster, brick, breeze block, textured surfaces, old wallpaper, expanded polystyrene, walls with a history of damp, outdoor surfaces.
Avoid getting any dust on the adhesive surface as this will compromise the adhesion of the product.
- Using a spirit level (or plumb line), draw a vertical line with a pencil 50cm (20 inches) from the left hand side of your wall. Start from the centre if you are doing a feature wall to ensure symmetry.
- You should apply the first strip to the right of your vertical pencil line. Carefully peel away 30cm (12 inches) of the backing paper. Apply the adhesive surface to the top of the wall, allowing 2.5cm (one inch) to overlap onto the ceiling.
- Work from the top to the bottom, peel away 40cm – 50cm (16 inches – 20 inches) at a time and align the right hand edge to the pencil line. Remove the length and reposition if necessary to achieve a vertical edge. Do not over stretch the material as this may cause shrinkage.
- Use a plastic smoothing blade to move any air bubbles from the centre top the outer edges. Also, use the plastic smoothing blade all over the surface to ensure the strip is fully adhered to the wall.
- Use a sharp retractable knife and a straight edge to trim the top, bottom and corner (if appropriate) of the wall. Use the plastic blade to smooth any trimmed edges.
- Apply the next strip in the same way. Pattern match the left hand edge of the second strip to the right hand edge of the first strip.
- Always switch off power at mains when hanging around sockets and switches
- Avoid contact between the adhesive side and the decorative side, as this may cause damage to the decorative surface when you try to peel them apart.
Slowly peel away from a top corner downwards. It is not unusual for some of the painted surface underneath to come off when removing this product. Removal may be more difficult in areas close to a heat source e.g. radiators, because heat may cause the adhesive to cure. Occasionally some residue may be left on removal, we recommend using a flat scraper and a steam wallpaper stripper if any residue proves difficult to remove
Sponge clean only with clean water. Excessive water may affect adhesion. Do not use any cleaning fluid, soap or detergents.
Any air bubbles that may appear under the surface can be pierced with a straight pin or needle and flattened with a plastic smoothing blade to expel the air.